Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Beautiful Books: The Gift of Change by Marianne Williamson


Marianne Williamson - The Gift of ChangeAs an avid reader of Spiritual material, I have decided to start sharing some books that have changed my life in many ways and hopefully you will find some value in them also.
The first book I would like to share is "The Gift of Change" by Marianne Williamson.
Marianne has long been a favorite of mine since I was taken to hear her speak at a friend's home back in Los Angeles. She eventually began speaking at churches, lecture halls and wrote a very popular book called "A Return to Love".
I eventually worked with her at her organization The Los Angeles Center for Living which helped people living with AIDS back at least 20 years ago. Marianne lectures and writes on A Course in Miracles, of which I have been studying and am a student of for about 20 years.
Besides being extremely well versed on the topic of spiritual growth, especially as it pertains to A Course in Miracles, Marianne has a no nonsense practical way of making what can be very heady material feel familiar and attainable.
Check it out and if you feel so moved please email me with your thoughts. I would love to know what you think.. The Gift of Change

No comments: