Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Don't Stop Velibing

Don't Stop Velibing!!!
new header
I just came back from an amazing trip to one of my favorite cities in the world, Paris. There are so many things that I love about Paris...don't get me started, we could be here all day!
Whenever I go to Paris I discover things that I did not notice before and this trip was no different. One of the main reasons I was able to make more discoveries this trip was that I was using the Velib public bike system
Biking around Paris allowed me to be out and about in the beautiful Spring air and let me explore. I ended up going places that I would never have gone if I were underground on the Metro.
Now, I could go on and on about how amazing the Velib system is and why if you are in Paris you MUST try it out, but in a nutshell there are Velib bikes stations located all over Paris. For a nominal (or 30 mins free!) fee you can take a bike from one area of Paris and drop it off at another and "Voila!" in between point A and Point B you experience the magic of Paris!
But be aware there are problems for those of us that do not have a "smartchip" on our credit cards because the system only accepts those that have them, which are standard issue throughout Europe. (Read more about them HERE.) Luckily, my friends Beth and Michiel, who I was housesitting for were gracious enough to let me use their Velib debit card.
If you go to Paris you must find a way to Velib! Now, I am able to say as my friend Emily who lives in Paris says "Don't stop Velibing!!"


No comments: